Friday, October 18, 2013

Countdown to Christmas Holiday Season

 
New Englanders always talk about the weather so I will start by saying it is a beautiful autumn day.  The sun is shining, temp expected to go to 70s with a slight breeze.  Even as I enjoy this fabulous weather I am beginning to think of the winter, Christmas holiday season.  Time to clear out summer stock and open the boxes marked Xmas. 

Christmas is also one of my favorite holidays, can't think of one that is not my favorite!  I especially enjoy  when someone enters the shop and finds that special gift for that hard to please relative. I do recall some vintage 1950s kitchen items in the forms of Santa salt-pepper shakers, candleholders. And yes, there is a near pristine 1940s tablecloth with a poinsettia border.

Off to savor some sunshine for the hard work ahead.

Till next time, stay well, stay happy


http://www.antiquesattheirongate
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment